Advertisements

Walled World

walledworld

walled-world

This is an interesting infographic that was posted on Facebook by our wise friend Joe Alexander (hat tip).

It posits that the 14% of the population that controls the vast majority of the world’s wealth – essentially the US, Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea and Oceania – has walled itself off from the other 86% of humanity. Within these walls they keep the Top 50 Quality of Life cities safely enclosed.

The “walls” it mentions include the Korean DMZ, the Schengen borders of the EU, and the US/Mexico border fence.

But the list also includes so-called walls like “Australias Norhtern Approach.”

It’s a cool graphic, though, and definitely thought-provoking. Full version here.

Apparently, this was created by TD Architects.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: